Laser cleaning technology is a cleaning method that uses nanosecond or picosecond pulsed laser to irradiate the surface of the workpiece to be cleaned, so that the workpiece surface absorbs the focused laser energy in an instant, forms a rapidly expanding plasma (highly ionized unstable gas), vaporizes or peels off the oil, rust, dust, coating, oxide layer or film layer on its surface, thus effectively removing the surface attachments.
In the field of industrial application, the laser cleaning object is divided into two parts: the base material and the cleaning material. The base material mainly includes the surface pollution layer of various metals, semiconductor wafers, ceramics, magnetic materials, plastics and optical components. The cleaning material mainly includes the extensive application requirements for industrial field, such as rust removal, paint removal, oil removal, film/oxide layer removal and resin, glue, dust and slag removal.
Advantages of laser cleaning
At present, the cleaning methods widely used in the cleaning industry include mechanical cleaning, chemical cleaning and ultrasonic cleaning. However, under the constraints of environmental protection and the requirements of high precision market, their application is greatly limited. The laser cleaning machine has obvious advantages in various industries.
1) Automatic assembly line: The laser cleaning machine can be integrated with tools or robots to implement remote control and cleaning, which can realize the automation of equipment, form product assembly line operation and intelligent operation.
2) Accurate positioning: use optical fiber transmission to guide the laser to make it flexible. Control the light spot to move at high speed through the built-in scanning galvanometer, which is convenient for non-contact laser cleaning of parts with different shapes, holes, grooves and other parts that are difficult to reach by traditional cleaning methods.
3) No damage: short time impact will not heat the metal surface and will not damage the base material.
4) Good stability: The pulse laser used in the laser cleaning machine has an ultra-long service life, which can be up to 100000 hours, with stable quality and good reliability.
5) No environmental pollution: no chemical cleaning agent is required and no cleaning waste liquid is generated. The pollutant particles and gases generated during laser cleaning can be collected and purified by portable exhaust fan to avoid environmental pollution.
6) Low maintenance cost: there is no consumption of consumables during the use of the laser cleaning machine, and the operation cost is low. In the later stage, only regular cleaning or replacement of the lens is required, and the maintenance cost is low, close to maintenance-free.
Typical applications of laser cleaning include: mold cleaning, industrial rust removal, old paint and film removal, pre-welding pretreatment and post-welding treatment, degreasing of precision parts, decontamination and oxidation layer removal of electronic components, cultural relics cleaning, etc. It is widely used in metallurgy, mold, automobile, hardware tools, transportation, construction appliances, machinery and other industries.
About HGSTAR: HGSTAR is the pioneer and leader of laser industrial application in China, and the authoritative provider of global laser processing solutions. We have comprehensively arranged laser intelligent machine, measurement and automation production lines, and smart factory construction to provide overall solutions for intelligent manufacturing.