With the gradual maturity of domestic lasers and the breaking of the price monopoly of foreign lasers, the manufacturers of domestic laser cutting machines are also gradually increasing with the price reduction, which also implies that the demand for laser cutting machines in China is also increasing.
The characteristics of flexible metal processing by laser cutting machines have been recognized by many sheet metal customers, and their cutting speed has significant advantages compared to traditional processing equipment. Speed is the fundamental factor determining efficiency, so how can we improve cutting speed and increase usage efficiency during use?
Firstly, we need to understand several factors that affect cutting speed:
- Different materials
The metal materials cut by laser cutting machines are mainly divided into aluminum plate, stainless steel, carbon steel, copper plate, and alloy materials. Different materials have different characteristics and have different absorption rates for lasers, so the cutting speed varies for materials of the same thickness.
- Different thicknesses
The thickness of the material varies, and the required perforation time varies. During the cutting process, the thicker the thickness, the greater the laser energy required, and the slower the cutting speed.
- Different output power
Power is an important factor determining the cutting speed. The higher the power, the greater the laser energy, and the faster the cutting speed of the thin plate. The following are several different power examples, and you can refer to the cutting speed of different materials with different powers;
- The cutting speed of different materials using a 500W fiber laser cutting machine is 13m/min for carbon steel; Stainless steel with a high speed of 14m/min; Aluminum plate with a high speed of 5.5m/min; Copper plate with a high speed of 5.5m/min;
- 1000W fiber laser cutting machine for cutting different materials at a maximum speed of 24m/min for carbon steel; Stainless steel with a high speed of 24m/min; Aluminum plate with a high speed of 10m/min; Copper plate with a high speed of 10m/min;
- 2000W fiber laser cutting machine for cutting different materials at a maximum speed of 28m/min for carbon steel; Stainless steel with a high speed of 28m/min; Aluminum plate with a high speed of 25m/min; Copper plate with a high speed of 16m/min;
- 3000W fiber laser cutting machine for cutting different materials at a maximum speed of 35m/min for carbon steel; Stainless steel with a high speed of 35m/min; Aluminum plate with a high speed of 43m/min; Copper plate with a high speed of 35m/min;
Scheme for Improving the Cutting Speed of Laser Cutting Machines
Adjust the parameters of the laser machine and improve the cutting speed of the machine.
Machine parameter settings are one of the main reasons that affect the cutting speed of the machine. In general, if the parameters are not adjusted properly, its cutting speed is also not feasible. Parameters are like a series of actions related to a person’s driving, starting, accelerating, etc. If the parameters are not set properly, it is like when a car is starting and you shift to second gear to start, it will shake when starting. When adjusting this parameter, it is generally important to pay attention to the following areas:
- Initial speed: As the name suggests, this setting is the speed at which the machine starts, similar to the speed at which the car starts during driving. Many customers have the misconception that a larger initial speed is better, but in reality, this is a mistake. If the initial speed of the laser machine is set too high, the machine vibration will be very large.
- Acceleration: The meaning of acceleration is the speed of the fuel gate during driving, which is the time it takes from the initial speed to the normal cutting of the machine. When cutting different patterns, the machine is a continuous process of starting and stopping, and setting the acceleration too low can cause the machine to cut slower.
About HGSTAR: HGSTAR is is a sub-brand of HGTECH.HGTECH the pioneer and leader of laser industrial application in China, and the authoritative provider of global laser processing solutions. We have comprehensively arranged laser intelligent machine, measurement and automation production lines, and smart factory construction to provide overall solutions for intelligent manufacturing.