In modern manufacturing, an important process is metal cutting. When traditional processing methods can no longer meet the current cutting needs, laser cutting equipment has become the first choice for most manufacturers.
Principles of Laser Cutting
The cutting principle of laser cutting equipment is to focus the laser emitted from the laser into a high-power density laser beam through the optical path system. The laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece, causing it to reach its melting or boiling point, while the high-pressure gas coaxial with the beam blows away the melted or vaporized metal. As the beam of light moves relative to the workpiece, it ultimately forms a cutting seam in the material, thereby achieving the purpose of cutting.
Laser cutting replaces traditional mechanical knife cutting
Traditional cutting machines rely on mechanical cutting tools for cutting, resulting in higher efficiency when dealing with thinner materials. However, when cutting thicker or harder materials, efficiency decreases and requires more time and effort. This limits production efficiency and cost control.
Laser cutting, on the other hand, replaces traditional mechanical knives with invisible beams of light. It has the characteristics of high precision, fast cutting, not limited to cutting pattern limitations, automatic typesetting, material saving, smooth cutting, and low processing costs. It will gradually improve or replace traditional metal cutting equipment.
1. The mechanical part of the laser blade has no contact with the work and will not cause scratches on the working surface during operation.
2. Laser cutting speed is fast, the incision is smooth and flat, and generally does not require subsequent processing.
3. The cutting heat affected zone is small, the deformation of the board is small, and the cutting seam is narrow (0.1mm~0.3mm).
4. The incision has no mechanical stress and no shear burrs.
5. High machining accuracy, good repeatability, and no damage to the material surface.
6. CNC programming, capable of processing any flat drawing, capable of cutting large whole boards without the need for molds, economical and time-saving.
Laser cutting can be understood as the separation of edges. We first create the graphics in the form of vector lines in AutoCAD, and then save them in the corresponding PLT and DXF formats. Open the file using laser cutting machine operation software, and adjust the energy and speed parameters according to the materials we process.
After receiving instructions from the computer, the laser cutting machine will automatically cut according to the flight path generated by the software. For example, existing laser cutting machines can automatically cut patterns by drawing templates on a computer and inputting them directly into the computer. With its advantages of fast cutting speed, high production efficiency, and short product production cycle, it has won a broader market for customers.