With the development of the laser industry and changes in downstream industry demand, high-power laser cutting equipment has gradually become a hot spot in the market. Due to its unparalleled advantages in speed and thickness, high-power laser cutting has gained widespread recognition in the market.
However, due to the fact that the high power laser cutting technology is still in the initial stage of popularization, some operators are not very skilled in mastering the high power laser cutting technology, and are often at a loss for the adverse phenomena that occur during production debugging.
Aiming at the undesirable phenomena in high-power cutting, this article provides several troubleshooting techniques to help you debug appropriate laser cutting process parameters, reduce the losses caused by defective workpiece, and help you reduce costs and increase efficiency from another perspective. There are many reasons for producing defective workpiece during high-power laser cutting, and the following four aspects are mainly investigated:
Basic Cause Troubleshooting
If the cutting effect is found to be poor, the following reasons should be investigated first:
- Whether the lens is contaminated;
- Whether the nozzle is damaged;
- Whether the light is in the center of the nozzle;
- Whether the ceramic body is damaged or leaking.
Method for eliminating cross section stripe
- Incorrect nozzle selection: the nozzle is too large;
- Incorrect air pressure setting: excessive air pressure setting leads to excessive burning and streaking;
- Incorrect cutting speed: Cutting too slowly or too fast can also cause excessive burning.
Terms of settlement
- Replace the nozzle, replace the nozzle with a small diameter, such as 16mm carbon steel bright surface cutting, and choose a high-speed nozzleD1.4 ; 20mm carbon steel bright surface can choose high-speed nozzle D1.6;
- Reduce cutting air pressure and improve end cutting quality;
- Adjust the cutting speed to match the power and cutting speed appropriately
Method for eliminating bottom slag
- The nozzle selection is too small, and the cutting focus does not match;
- The air pressure is too low or too large, and the cutting speed is too fast;
- The material of the plate is poor, the quality of the plate is poor, and it is difficult for the small nozzle to remove the slag.
Terms of settlement:
- Replace the large diameter nozzle and adjust the focus to the appropriate position;
- Increase or decrease the air pressure until the air flow rate is appropriate;
- Select a good plate.
Methods for eliminating bottom burrs
- The nozzle diameter is too small to meet the processing requirements;
- Negative defocus mismatch, negative defocus should be increased and modulated to an appropriate position;
- The air pressure is too low, resulting in burrs at the bottom and insufficient cutting.
Terms of settlement:
- Selecting a large diameter nozzle can increase air flow;
- Increase negative defocus to make the cutting section reach the bottom position;
- Increasing air pressure can reduce bottom burrs.
Tips:How to judge whether the cutting speed is reasonable by referring to sparks
- Reasonable cutting speed: The cutting spark spreads from top to bottom, the cutting surface is stable, and there is no slag at the bottom;
- Cutting speed too fast: cutting spark inclined;
- Cutting speed is too slow: cutting sparks appear non diffusive and few, condensed together.
Fast cutting speed is a major advantage of laser cutting, and it is also the main reason why many sheet metal processing users choose laser cutting machines. However, it is not always the case that the faster the better. Only by properly controlling the cutting speed can the cutting surface be smooth and free of slag, and high-quality workpiece be cut.
The size of laser power will affect the speed of laser equipment cutting plates, and the laser cutting speed will affect the quality of plate cutting. Under certain laser power conditions, there is an appropriate range of cutting speeds. Too fast or too slow speed can affect the flatness of the cutting section.
About HGSTAR: HGSTAR is is a sub-brand of HGTECH.HGTECH the pioneer and leader of laser industrial application in China, and the authoritative provider of global laser processing solutions. We have comprehensively arranged laser intelligent machine, measurement and automation production lines, and smart factory construction to provide overall solutions for intelligent manufacturing.